I always wanted to have a baby. I dreamt of being the perfect mum since I was in my early teens. But I was so nieve about it all. At 16 my fertile world turned upside down with the diagnosis of PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome). The Gynacologist back then told me the only treatment was the pill and when I wanted to start a family he would look at drilling my ovaries.
The years past and my yearning stayed the same.
Than in 2001 I met my now husband and knew after the first month of Dating he was the one I was going to marry... we were engaged 7 months after meeting in 2002. We started talking about a family then, and I came clean that it would take a while to fall pregnant, so we should start trying as soon as we got married and I should go off the pill just before we did. But family pressure (John's not mine) kept us from doing this.
Right after we got married through I went through an arthritis flare that changed that. It was fall pregnant as soon as you can, so that if we need toxic treatment it won't effect you not having a family. Great!
So off the pill I went. We just let it happen to start with, all I did was take note of my cycle starts. They were all over the place! Each month I was sure this was it.... But who was I kidding! Later that year I learnt about charting and temping and I knew that I needed help, but getting it was near impossible, I had not hit the magic 12month mark where most healthy normal couples will have concieved by. I tried to convince the Dr that I was not a normal healthy person and I was fighting the clock. It took being admitted to hospital with an ovarian cyst rupturing for some action to take place.
That happened two cycles running. I was put on clomid, but after three cycles of that and no joy, my time ran out. I needed the Drug Methotrexate (class X medication) to contain the spread of the arthritis. I had to go back on the pill.. I was deverstated, John was crushed. And through a series of horrid events my arthris got dramiticly worse despite treatment & 12 months later, I was off the treatment, it had failed.
So here we went again, I got off the pill (took over 6 months,) found a new Dr to help out, had loads of testing done in the dry out time (you have to be off the medication for 6 months before you fall pregnant). It was confirmed I had typical PCOS and more clomid followed. In fact 12 whole bloody months of it all! Than Christmas 07 I cracked it and said no MORE after I had an IUI cycle cancelled AFTER I had taken the clomid due to my gall bladder being removed. So in January (we were taking a break, ROFL) we trotted off the the fertility specalist again to draw up a new plan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment