Monday, June 11, 2012

Sleep

I like my sleep, before the joy of Thomas, we enjoyed it quiet a lot. We got solid nights sleep most of the time. Now that was bliss. Than we got a cat who needed early morning pee runs. Fine we thought, training for parent hood we would say.

But OMG really did I expect to be this sleep deprived. It is often joked here that sleep is over rated. That is how infrequent we get a full night sleep here. At 3 year and 9 months you would think by now we would be getting this precious commodity back?

So often I hear parents ask will my child who is 18 months ever sleep though the night? Well yes, maybe. is my response. Others harp on at how it is not normal. That something must be wrong with the child or how the parent is raising said child.  I love it when you get another sleep deprived, living in the real world parent comes along and says, that their child who does sleep through from 6 weeks is the exception to the rule. That every single child is different. You can tell that these are the ones that have more than one child and at least one was the "perfect" sleeper and the others not so perfect.

So I ask, will we sleep again. I guess when he moves out. Maybe??

1 comment:

  1. Hay, Thanks for sharing your story, It is good to hear that atlast there is good sleep waiting for parents. http://www.pregnancydiabetesapp.com

    ReplyDelete