So for this cycle it was not how I envisioned it to be, but truthfully, that is ok. I went in for my day 10 scan not expecting much, but instead was pleasantly surprised that we were ready to trigger. Then instead of suggesting IUI he suggested that we just go with timed intercourse. Suits me perfectly. A) cost effective, B) not having to juggle Thomas and more appointments. C) John is crazy busy at work again and it is not going to end any time soon.
But like all good plans, we don't have a child who sleeps very well. So the morning that is meant to be the business end, guess who wakes at 2:30am and REFUSED to go back to sleep. Yep. We did our best. Some days I would like to explain to him that he needs to sleep if he really wants to have a brother or sister or 3 (yes he wants 3 more siblings!). But there are somethings that you just can't say to your child who is already wise beyond his years.
All was going well, things were looking hopeful, I got to 17 days past my trigger shot. I decided on the blood test, Did not ring the Dr, just went and had it done. I am glad I did, as I got a sudden migraine the afternoon before and the GP sent me for a CT scan. (It proves I have a brain!) The rude woman made me suffer in agony in the bright, very noisy corridor, whilst we waited nearly an hour for the test results to come though, because I made the mistake of telling her it was possible I was pregnant, my GP knew this possibility and still rang and booked my scan, He was more worried as to why I had this sudden migraine from bending forward. (If you have ever had a CT scan you will know they make a very loud noise when the machine is operating and that a warning buzzer is going off to alert others that the machine is in operation.) I sat through 3 other peoples scans before mine.
The test was negative. She was callous and rude about it. My Dr still has not called me. I think he may have gone away for the long weekend. My GP did call me back to make sure I was ok and to see if I was following his orders of staying in a dark place and making sure I was taking the endone. Sweet man.
Where do we go from here?? The fertility specialist says bugger the future plans for travel next year and keep trying, but I really want to go to Melbourne to visit family and friends, to see the sister in law get married ect. With EOFY upon us it is not fair to put John under the extra pressure. So we may just leave it to God for now. Follow is guidance and relax the pressure. My marriage is worth more than fertility treatments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment