Thursday, October 10, 2013

Being me

Over the years my weight has gone up and down like a yo-yo. But funny enough I have always ended up being around the 110kgs mark. I am not sure why.

I have found it rather amusing last night when I was alone with my own thoughts that this weight seems to be where my body is most happiest. But I am not sure if that is where I am the most happiest.

I was pretty happy with my weight when I was 82kgs. But somehow there was some kind of sabotage that saw my weight go back up. I cascade of events that were beyond my control. A frustration and challenge to try and get back down in weight.

Also last night I attended a movie on my own. Rudely people decided that they HAD to sit on top of others. Namely me. A person who really needed a double seat to themselves sat in between me and her friend and started taking up my personal space. AKA was on top of me.

At the time I could not move anywhere as others had sat on the other side of me. This person at no time appologised to me or even acknowledge that I existed. Now as a plus sized person I am conscious about those around me. It is good manners to say sorry when you accidentally move into another person or bump them or even SIT on them.

I must remember that it is hard to be over a certain weight, But also remain polite. I was polite, I remained invisible. Try my hardest not to show my discomfort, but my question is where or when is it ever ok to even politely say to someone, excuse me but you are really getting into my space here? (especially in a confined space such as a packed out movie ect.)

No comments:

Post a Comment