You are not my Friend today or this week.
For what ever reason you hate surges in my hormones, there for you won't allow me to eat any thing that is good for me.
So Tuesday night I ate my meal with my husband and son. Son was being a monster, nothing new at dinner time. I felt full pretty quick and stopped eating, So yay for me doing the right thing here.
About an hour later you let me know that you were not impressed with that steak in my stomach. But 3 hours later I still could not get water down without it coming straight back up.
I took myself off to the ER. What a horrible experience. To say no one understood or tried to understand what I was going through from the moment I arrived to the moment I left 20hours later is an understatement.
I should have ran when the Triage nurse (the one who you speak to at the desk to tell why you are there) asked if I had taken anything for the pain. (Yes even after I told her I could not keep down water and felt I had a complete obstruction of my band.) I was then instructed to wait in a wait.
2.5 hours later I was then seen (and I say that losely) by the second triage nurse. She took my vitals, instructed me to pee in a cup and had me wait in the waiting room. (She once again took NO medical history!)
I then went back to the waiting room for another couple of hours. Til finally a male nurse came and got two of us. He then put me in a gown and said I will be back. I never saw him again! The nurse I had seemed nice enough, but once again did not take a proper medical history. Again no one asked what medications I was taking.
After about 4 tries I finally got a drip and bloods taken, some fluids and pain meds in me. But again no one asked me what my medications where normally (only my allergies). The dr that came was rude and really had no bed side manner. ie he did not even speak to me much.
About 4:30am (Wednesday morning) I went into an uncontrollable pain spasm. It was like my stomach was being ripped apart. Next thing the nurses were putting meds in my drip. A short time later some one else stuck oxygen on me.
When I came back out of it about 45 mins later I asked what my test results were and if I was pregnant. The response came "Do you think we would give you these drugs if you were." So that is how I found out I was not pregnant this cycle.
I was then sent to x-ray when business hours ticked over. And then to short stay where I was pretty much left until another Dr came to see me at 2:30pm to tell me the x-ray results and the fact she needed me to see a surgeon.
The surgeon came just before 4pm with a promise to talk to my surgeon who was away at conference just like the hospitals bariatric surgeon. At 6:30pm he came back to me and told me I was going home. To see my Dr Tuesday next week.
So Thursday I rang the x-ray clinic, begged for a scan to make sure there was no blockage left. Which thankfully there was not.(my GP rang and got the results for me.)
What a 48 hour period. I am now eating normally again with no issues. But this morning I go back to my surgeon. I am hoping I am not yelled and screamed at this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment