Saturday, May 9, 2009

Lactose Tolerance Testing




Ok I have already publicly been told this test my son is doing sounds cruel and unessery, but to get the assistance that I needs with his diet it needs to be done. He is also being tested for celicas disease. It is not just about getting his formula cheaper (I mean REALLY cheap), but it is about recieving assistance from dieticians, child health nurses and other health professionals with diet and support through this trying time. As I have mention to them in the past that he is lactose intolerant I was quizzed to how the diagnoisis was made and then dismissed because it was not done through this particular testing method. Honestly I wish this method was done when he was diagnoised it would have made things easier now on ALL of us.




So what is involved? Basicly I have had to change his formula back to a normal one. I also am not to restrict his diet that an ordinary 7-8 month old would eat. So he has been having bread, normal formula, pastas ect. He has to do this for 7 days. Than on the 8th day (next Tuesday) I have to take him in to the pathology lab for bloods and then sit around till he poos and give them a really fresh poo sample. GREAT!! I am really nervous about him having a blood test. I am not scared of having them, but this is my nearly 8 month old son who is having the test, not me.




He is going well at daycare, even though he is having a rough week. He actually loves it. He really likes his carers and seems to enjoy the activities. Thomas is also crawling properly now and is every where!! To make life more interesting the day before he start crawling properly he started pulling himself up ont he furniture. So today I have invested in baby gates for the doors leading up the hall way and sunroom (the sunroom has the front door on it, and we do not have screens.) So Monday whilst he is at daycare I am going to put latches on the cubourds in the kitchen, Must remember to recharge the drill. Or either that or sweet talk my step father on Sunday night.

1 comment:

  1. A big FU to the twat who publicly dissed you. Not on douchebag!

    Good luck with all the testing!

    ReplyDelete