SPICE is an accrumem used in Napro Fertility care. It is about promoting a loving and caring marraige inside and out side the bedroom and sharing the responsibility of the fertility and using your mutral fertility to achieve or aviod pregnancy.
We have been learning this system for over 2 yers, but until last night we had not fully achieved SPICE.
What does SPICE stand for.
S - Spirtrual
P - Physical
I - Interlectual
C - Comunication
E - Emotional/physilocigal
I have to put the disclaimer in that this is a Catholic teaching, but it can be used by non-catholics a like. As the man basis of this teaching is mutral respect and dignity in the realtionship and fertility is just not sole responsibilty of one member of the relationship. It takes two to make a baby right?
So what did we do? We ignored our computers, turned of the TV and the lights. We lit three candles and talked. we talked about the cycle just gone. We talked about how we felt about it. We talked about the indignity that fertility treatments bring. We talked about our faith and where we are both standing with that. We talked on the impact fertility treatments have on our faith and the teachings of the church. I was finally able to express my personal conflict I have with wanting another child and wanting to keep my faith. It was a very emotional and bounding time.
We also used these couple of hours to reflect on our relationship and how it all started and how we felt in the begining about one another. I honestly think we will be doing this more often. Just turning off the outside influences in our house and going back to basics. It was great, I enjoyed it. Now if only Thomas had not woken as we went to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sounds like a really positive night!
ReplyDelete