We have made the choice. And booked the appointments, but we are going to do IVF. Yep. We have read all the information (well I have read it all, John has started falling alseep reading the longer version... LOL, to his defence he is working extreme hours right now.) and feel that we can comfortable do this and still come out with our faith intact. Yes we know that for the most part it is against the churches teachings about reproduction. But honestly when the Pope becomes female and developes such hurrendous pain just for going through the natural motions of life, the Pope can decide on what reproductive choices one can make. (yes I will have to say a few more Hail Mary's for that one...)
John and I have been very open in dialoge on this, ever since I asked him during a heated discussion to open his mind about this subject, and we are working through the emotions together. When the choices become limited, one really needs to keep an open mind, becuase all the choices were not things we were very open too.
But the intresting thing that has gotten us over the line in being more comfortable has been reading the IVF clinics policies and produres and what their views are. The change of Dr's has brought us to a clinic that is run by a church. It is based out of a hospital operated by this church. So all of the ethical issues we were feeling have a policy and procedure to it, making us feel more at ease.
And suddenly all the anxiety we were feeling about the subject back in January have been deminshed. We now know that we were ment to go down this path. That the Dr we were seeing was not the right person for us. That by going back to Dr T we would feel so much more at ease.
I wish you all the very best in your journey. I know how difficult the decision was for your family and I hope that through difficult choices you will see a happy return.
ReplyDelete*mouth closed here*
Love Dee