Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Julie & Julia

wow that is one amazing movie. I really loved it. Maybe I got more out of it becuase I am a blogger, and really who knows the full extent of my following. I only see who is following publicly.

I have joked with John whilst watching it that I should work my way through the womans weekly cook book. Maybe one of the Mother in laws faviourites. The Best ever recipies from the womans weekly... But we will see.

Ok the Zucchini and Carrot slice was a huge hit. Tonights was just as good. It was potato, bacon and leek soup. Yummy, very simple. SO here goes:

4 large potatoes, peeled, and thickly sliced.
1 large leek washed and sliced.
1/2 small cawliflower
3bacon rashers, diced (or cheat like me and buy it pre diced and use three good desert spoons full)
1 Liter of salt reduced chicken stock
2 tablespoons of sunflower (vegetable oil)

Place oil in a large heavy based suace pan. Heat and sweat off the leeks until soft and tender, but Not brown.
Add bacon and fry with leeks for a minute or two. Add remaining ingreidents and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes, mashing towards the end. When stock is thick remove from heat.
Mash further with a potato masher. Add fresh cracked pepper to taste. If desired puree in a blender. Serve hot with fresh crusty bread.

1 comment:

  1. I've got that cookbook, and I did work my way through most of it in our first year of marriage. That is until I went on strike for a year...LOL. Anyway, it's not such a bad idea, it can be a little expensive though.

    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete