I have come across a couple of posts/forum threads/facebook status messages that have really made want to go into bat for my fellow infertile friends. One I did. One I had to bite my tounge to aviod a public confrontation amoung RL friends.
The first post a fellow infertile who had to resort to IVF for all three of her adorable children posted that she would love another baby if it could be garenteed to be a boy (I think more to settle the score and her youngest is a boy).
Another friend whom I am certain is not aware made some remark about her being super fertile.
I wanted to scream, I wanted to shout, but bit my tounge. Than felt really bad when the origional friend covered her tracks by saying she had a tubal. :( This saddened me.
My other friend who I adore, I was able to go into bat for, along with other wonderful women, to stand up for her and her feelings.
So it has me thinking we are happy to keep IRL friends on the happy level. We bite our tounges to avoid confrentation. We wear the sting of a comment that cuts deep, and try to cover it with a white lie to once again keep the peace to aviod a public out pouring of emotion.
But when we are on message boards/forums we are mostly annonmus. We say what we feel and more often mean what we say. We don't care if we are popular in our views or if it will tread on a person. Becuase afterall it is just another screen name after all, isn't it??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment