Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Words

A few weeks ago I was starting to wonder about Mr T's development. As I am sure most parents do at some point. I asked all I could of other mums and his day care teachers. Every one told me he is a boy. Yes I was well aware of his sex, I gave birth to him! But they used the expression as a reason for what was happening. But suddenly in the last week he has grown up some.
He remembers things like nothing else. Like where we hide/put away the train set. Which he calls "Toot toot". But suddenly there are new words like:
  • Book
  • Toast
  • More
  • Toot toot
  • Red
  • Car
  • Truck
  • Shoe
  • mine
  • away
  • cheers
  • cheese
  • Rex
  • Bike
  • Duck

And the list goes on.. We are working through his books that I made him and he is starting to get it. But suddenly he hates sharing. With us or with other children. But I know this is an age thing. We are still concerned about his kicking of us. But I have decided that I am not going to pay it attention, good or bad. That when the first minor taps start not to acknowledge the game. Just get on with dressing and changing the nappy.

The other thing is yesterday Thomas really decided he was intrested in the potty. He pulled up shirt and ran to the bathroom gate to sit on the potty. So that is what I let him do. I have decided to at this stage let him direct me in his potty training. I have also informed daycare he is intrested in the potty.

No comments:

Post a Comment