.
.... To Thomas is an intresting challange to say the least. Every day he throws yet another challange to me. One that some days is quite litterally thrown in my face.
This week we are working on a presevitive and colour free diet (where possible and avoiding all of the "bad" ones.). It also seems that there are even more things to be mindfull of. There seems to be some good natural foods as well that set him off the tree, like Strawberries. Oh the poor humble strawberry cops a bad reputation and some what derservingly so. Before morning tea today Mr T was happy laid back and co-oprative. After, he became violent, angry and lashed out at me.
This did not get anybetter through the day. After being hit becuase it was sleep time, he had all of his toys taken from his bed, yep Elmo, Baxter, Tigger, Colin and Forrester were all thrown to the hall way. So all that was left was him and a pillow. I can't think of any other way at this stage to deal with his bad behaviours at bed time. I have been trying a more gental parenting approach, but it does not always work.
Than shopping. That is another fun time. I choose a quiet spuermarket. I took toys, books and snacks. I thought I was prepared. Sadly it was not the case. I was a battered mother by the end of the trip. It was frustrating but what does one do. I am trying my hardest not raise my vioce or even (dare I say it) smack. My options are serverly limited when we are out shopping I am not about to abort all plans becuase of behavior.
So this leads me to a post I recently read. The person batteling infertility was horrified by a mums behaviour towards her child in the supermarket. The mum was trying her hardest to focus on the task and ignore the childs attention seeking efforts. I get this mum's behaviour and yet I batteled infertility too. You see my son screams huggles huggles at me, and if I relent to give hugs, there is ALWAYS a backlash. Like being pinched or hit or wacked. Becuase this mum was that mum.
I batteled infertility and I love my son. But there are somethings one has got to do to get the task at hand done. Does that make me a bad parent? probably if that was the only snap shot of my life you get for the day. But it is just 30 minuets of my son (who is a handful) having a concentrated audience and knowing that there is no reprocussions in a public place like the supermarket. Afterall he is already strapped into the trolly.
No comments:
Post a Comment