Sunday, April 24, 2011

Our Easter

It has been a rough week. John went back to work full time and Thomas decided that he needed to pay back mummy for being so absent. So Thursday his ODD got taken up a notch. So much so that the only place we went were the Dr's and a half harted attemp at getting food from the shops. Even then it was a night mare! He was rough and would not listen to me. It had me in tears at one point.

Easter, well it has been a restfull long weekend. I went to mass Thursday night, woke up Friday morning, was up an hour and went back to bed for another 2. Opps. we missed stations of the cross. Oh well. John went to mass at 3pm instead.

Saturday I thought I would brave the shops. HAHAHA You needed a steal motocage with daggers to get a car park at bunnings. And Thank-fully woolies was a little better.
But then I lost all energy again. I made scrummy scrolls again they did not go as well becuase I had a phone call at a cruital time. But they were still good.

Sunday. This is one of my sticking points of the days. I snuck into Thomas room at 5:30 and delivered the Easter gifts. Then waited for him to wake. He started stirring, but DH got excited and went in and so he did not see was at the foot of his bed right away, not until DH had restled him to have a nappy change. I could have rung his neck. Way to go in taking away the magical surprise of the morning. I was waiting paitently in bed to hear his excitment at the gifts at the foot of his bed.
But none the less when he finally got to find them he loved them. (some zoo animals and a toy story egg cup and spoon, a snuggler, and some egg books.) I know it does not seem like much but seriously I do not go over board. EVER.

It came time to head to my mothers. Yeah we all know this is not going to end well. So it will be a little bit of a surprise to say all went well until mum took the other girls inside. Totally excluded me. I mean TOTALLY. I went in later to go to the bathroom, only to find my mother handing out family airloms to the bitch cousin who took it apon herself to berate me publicly on facebook. (If you are on my facebook friends list, you will remember the silver spooned bitch and her little sister very well.) I told you it was not going to end well.

Yep the cow got nearly all the good crystal and Royal doulton tea sets, which she probably has not a clue of it's value! My sister got a good portion. I got a tea set. (3 piece tea sets) Yep so lucky I am. Sigh. I know where my families loyalties lie.

Now my post op recovery. I am up to eating mushie foods. I am so freaking hungry all the time and it is driving me nuts. I just want to eat and eat. A chocolate Free easter sucks. (ok not entirely true I had one small soild egg.)
Oh and I had an allergic reaction to steri strips. My skin was so itchy when the dressings were on, I just thought it was normal healing itchiness. Nope I have massive blisters where most of the steri strips were. Sigh. they are still so itchy. But Bio Oil and sorbelene cream have been helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment