Every now and then I am going make a note of what seems to be signifigant meltdowns from Mr T.
Today's was over a cup cake. We took him to a very special little cafe that is new to our area and ordered him this most devine looking cupcake for kids It had pink icing and smarties all over it. They also brought it out with a cake fork. So becuase he watched us use a cake fork he decided he had to as well. This proved to be troublesome as he did not want to ruin this cupcakes appearance.
You could tell he wanted to eat it. He would put the fork in the icing and lick it off. But he just could not bring himself to cut the cake part. So I thought I would help him. The tantrum that provailed after the cake was no longer perfect saw me trying the "glue" it back together for him.
In the end he barely ate this cake. (we actually helped him) And there was more mess than you could possibly imagine. Kind of felt embarassed by the amount of cake on the floor. (I did try to clean the table up some.)
This is not the first time he has done this but usually the flavour of the icing wins him over and the icing is GONE in moments. Not so today. I wonder if it was becuase we told him it was a "special treat"? After all it is not every day/week/month we take him to a cafe for cake and a chocolate soy milk shake (which by the way he did not finish either!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment