Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A day of woes..

Parenting I have discovered is full of woes and sometimes it is a real struggle. But honestly you never hear about these. Or maybe we do, but choose to turn a deaf ear to them and not really listen.



Today my woes consist of lack of sleep, a child with a cold, who wakes up way to early every morning with a huge fuss, and if it is not fuss it is distructo mode, or both! And thoose parents who bragg about children sleeping 12-14hrs through the night waking at7 or 8 am. Just bite me, seriously!!



Then after an early morning nap, after distruction mode got out of control and mummy chucked a tantrum becuase she was tiredand grumpy. It was day care time. Ok, so we were an hour or so late. Meh, today I wanted sleep, no I needed it BADLY! I watched Thomas play once he arrived today. I like to do this. I like to get a glimpse of what he likes to do and how well he plays with others.



So I am standing inside with full view of Thomas. He goes and finds a bike that none of the others were playing with. Next thing the bike falls over. So I watch a little more. Two boys come up to Thomas and start pushing him around. Thomas does not react, but runs away. The two boys give chase. They catch him and push him face first into the sand pit, then the younger of the two (who I find out after are brothers) stomps on Thomas's leg. I am horrified. The staff members were not watching but busy else where.

I expressed my concerns today. Not once but twice. I think I also may look into another centre. But I do not want to uproot Thomas. Gahhhh...

Now there is our lovely friends at centrelink. Battle continues. Not giving in until we win the war!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a day and it is only 8:37am....LOL
    Kids will be kids...I know it is hard...Cooper is going through a biting phase at the moment, he has also been on the other end as well. Parent hood is so full of ups and downs...Good luck with it Jodes

    ReplyDelete