I am not always the best at them, never have been. Just how it is. My trust in people sometimes can be very difficult. I am always waiting to see where it will bite me in the butt. Sometimes it is pretty quick to, other times it takes time, years even.
Today I got up the courage to say Hi to someone, who I met on line and then in real life. Who I thought I shared a bond with. Today the friendship was thrown in my face. All I could do was the thank her for that friendship. I did not want to argue, I did not want to name call. But I came away so bitter and angry about it.
The person, for all I know still reads this blog, gave away our friendship becuase I supported, and continue to support another friend who had a vent about them. The vent was just that, an infertile who was tired of seeing another woman who is blessed with wonderful natural fertility and an amazing power to birth naturally ccomplain at the short times it took her to concieve and being able to handle the amount of children she has.
For infertile women and thoose who have concisously decided that they are unable to add more their family for what ever personal reasons, this was simply offensive and hurt deeply. I understood their frustrations. A good friend does that, they understand all sides of the story. But a good friend to either party does not step in the middle and play he said she said. That only ends in tears. And MASSIVE blow ups. Not my scene. Let thoose who have problems with either sides communicate between each other if they wish, I just don't want to be the middle man.
So the end of the story, I let the Friend ship of one of the women go. I needed to know why it ended. I think writing this has given me peace with letting it go. It is still sad. But when one door closes I am sure another one opens, it may not be that day. But it will happen when you least expect it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree Jodie.
ReplyDeleteI'm exactly the same, I trust very few, and let only some in.
I made a few mistakes with some "friends" by letting them abuse my instincts to help, and I've learned a great lesson about just not being there at all hours everyday, to people who are never there for you.
I do however find it frustrating when I give my all to someone and they give only half in return because they are even more guarded then myself.
Dee