Saturday, July 31, 2010

1 sleep...

And all the fun starts. Can you tell I am excited. But to all my other IVF mums out there I am in some need of some advice or just general words of encouragement.

So tell me one thing you wish you knew before you started cycling?
Did you give up caffine? If so to what extreme (like all things or just a heavily reduced amount?)
Did you tell people?
Did you get extremly bloated?

So far only thoose who read my blog and a few close friends know. But most family do not and we are not sure if we are going to tell them just yet. I think I will eventually, just not yet. We also have a situation where a family member is coming to visit on the 1st September. It will be after the ET, so I am really hoping I am not excessively bloated.

4 comments:

  1. I don't have anything I wish I knew. However one tip that made life easier was to set the calender alarm on my phone to go off the same time every day for every different drug I had to take. That way I took them at the exact same time every day, never even 15min out.

    I gave up all forms of caffeine, even all chocolate. I didn't even drink decaf tea because I was told it still had some form of caffeine in it. Oh and I threw away my caffeine based eye cream (it didn't work anyway)

    I told my best friend and my immediate family including your good self and employers. All of my other friends and family found out when I was 8 weeks pregnant. Given our circumstances I didn't want to hear "I told you so" from people I just wanted support.

    I got very bloated, I was as swollen as I am now.

    Good Luck, I hope you have a wonderful experience with a very positive outcome.
    Love Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I wish I knew... hmmm... no idea hon! I wish I knew that it would work! :P
    I didn't give up caffiene, I didn't change my diet at all.
    I told everyone. I needed as much support as I could get.
    I got VERY VERY bloated, but I did end up with OHSS.

    You'll be fine, just take each day as it comes. Be wary of mood changes and tiredness and stress. Tell DH how you are feeling. Follow your doctor/nurse's orders to the letter.

    love ya
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I cut out all alcohol too. I figgure what ever will give your body a better chance is worth it.

    Love Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same as Dee with the alarms. I also had a callendar on the fridge that was colour coded for each med that I had to take and when.

    ReplyDelete