Ok it has been a week and a half (although only six days since my last post). I am having a fibromyalgia flare in my neck. It is driving me Batty. I am in pain, so I am pretty sure it has effected my mothering skills. But such is life, but what has happened since the last post well I wish it was not part of life.
Thursday I took Thomas for his 2 year old growth check. Well I give you the nice stuff first. He is 91cms Tall (3 ft.) Weighs 13.25 kgs and has a 50cm head circumfrance. So that equals one tall skinny toodler. This all means his predicted adult height is 6+ft tall. Wowsers. Now the child health nurse has been seeing Thomas since he was born. So Thomas is comfortable with her. So she got to see the true Thomas unfortunately on Thursday, when he walked up to her and hit her and then walked two paces over to me and did the same thing. He then refused to appologise. Yep. Not a good start to the day. Instead of doing something fun, we then went to the butcher and to home. I was embarassed and horrifed that he would do that in public.
I spent a lot of the day on Thursday being in pain, and cranky with him. Which equalled a lot of tears from both sides. Yep he had me so upset that he misbehaved so badly, but I think some of that had to do with pain. So I need to look into a Triple P programe for us.
That leads to Friday when the realisation of needing to do something about the pain I was in, knowing that the meds I was taking (that are pregnancy safe) were not cutting the grade. So I make some calls to the FS. Yes he is on holidays so I was directed to the back-up Dr. So I called and left a message that I needed to speak with the Dr. Obviously I did not make myself clear. And I had to chase them later in the day. Still only to get the receptionist calling me back, not what I call speaking to the DR!!! Which ment they called back too late for my own GP to deal with the issue. Oh and his opinion, your bloods came back negative, take what ever you want. No extra bloods nothing. Hmmm thanks for nothing.
So Afterhours I went. I had an 8:30pm appointment. I got seen at oh 10:30pm. nearly 2hrs of waiting. And silly me drove... They gave me a shot and some Valium to take. I was not allowed to drive home. Opps, so I had to leave the car there. Whilst waiting for the nurse to get my Valium from the ward the Dr and I chatted about parenting. He has a 2year old and a baby at home and is struggling too with the terrible 2's. refreshing to know even Dr's have nightmare children!
Saturday morning then ment caos. Up as early as I could from my drug induced sleep. Get a taxi back to the hospital to pick up the car. Then pick-up the Ballons, cherrios ect. Have the house spotless and ready for people to arrive at 9:30am. No way I was cancelling the party 2 years running!
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment