Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Plan.

Yesterday afternoon I made a trip to the Gp. I want a plan to get me healthy again. To reverse this type 2 diabetic that I seem to have become. Whilst my sugar levels are not really super bad, they are not greatly controlled for the new pregnancy guidlines. I can no longer just eat what I want, and this is the very hard part.

So this week I have been thinking I need to do something drastic. I have tried diets. But diets only work for so long and the weight creeps back, especially when you are an emotional eater. That is not going change. I don't and won't ever have enough $$ to pay a therapist to sort that out. I currantly weight 116kgs. (yes I know I am putting it out there.) It is far from the heaviest I have weighed. My top weight was nearly 15kgs more. But I am not comfortable at this weight.

So I search lapbanding in my state. There is a Dr in my town who does this procedure. I spoke to the GP about it. And as I said to him, I will never be a size 8 super model. But I want to be healthy. I want energy and control back. I want the diabeties to go away! I don't want my son to grow up thinking that all mums give them selves injections at meal times. And just as importantly I want to cocieve a child without IVF!

Now this is not an instant plan. The plan is to still do an IVF cycle this year. But if I am not pregnant by the 2 year mark, to do Lapbanding. The down side is that lapbanding requires you to not to intentionally fall pregnant for 2 years. Thomas will be 4.5 before we could try again. Decisions, but lets hope it does not come to that. We still have this IVF cycle to give us hope that I put this surgery off a little longer.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck Jodie,
    I think you have a tough road ahead, but also I believe your plan is a great one. A smart way to start.
    I'm an emotional eater too, I know how fulfilling it is and feels to eat your emotions down.
    I've especially been finding it hard lately to follow this "simple" plan because children don't understand. However When I was overweight I started emotional walking instead of eating, and I lost 25kg really quickly (obviously before Olivia turned 2 because she refuses to get into the stroller now)
    Maybe you could find a new thing to do to replace the emotional eating. I should try and do the same thing after Bubbles is born.

    I wish you all the best,
    Love Dee

    ReplyDelete