I think can now wait again for some time. Yep it is great he is now telling me when he is wet. But he refuses to use the potty and insists on the toilet. Which reminds me I need an insert for...
So this leads to the next delemia of today. So mummy needed the toilet and so did Thomas. Thomas refused the potty and chucked a tanty over such. Mummy was on the toilet. Thomas chucking his tanty wees all over mummy... Mummy needs new clothes too now.
Later on have Thomas in training pants. Thomas gets into trouble whilst climbing all over me trying to press random buttons on my computer. Thomas pees all over the couch.
Conclusion. Not enough bladder control yet to do toilet training successfully as this little boy is ALWAYS up to something he should not be. Like Trying to climb out windows, distroying his room by putting wipes/nappies/clothes all over the place, hurting the cats, fighting with me over needing me 100% of the time at the train table. All the normal toddler stuff.
I think give it a month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Jodie,
ReplyDeleteThis next step in life is much harder as I'm aware you know.
Maybe start sending him to daycare with jocks instead of so many nappies, force them to do most of the hard work. I found that worked great for Olivia. Pull ups confused her.
Then when you are ready put him on the toilet/potty at home ever hour at first until he gets a bit better bladder control and reward him for even just sitting there we used stickers/stamps/blowing bubbles/singing/high fives. all kinds of funny things that are cheap, but a big deal to a toddler.
While you are filling up the bath at night sit him on the potty so the sound of water makes him need to pee, and even if he has just had an accident sit him on the toilet straight after he might have held onto a tiny bit that he will then let out, he will also learn to associate it with peeing.
We bought a new toilet seat from Bunnings that is an adults seat with a toddler seat stored in the lid with magnets. It makes our toilet look like one of those little ones they use at daycare, and very stable. I highly recommend it.
Follow a link from my Blog too Bright Bots training pants, they are the best that I found, most leaks stay within the pants so you don't have a mess on the floors. (I got mine cheaper at Trade secret)
Then just go with the flow. Get super excited if he does anything on the toilet, even just a dribble.
Finally,
Good Luck Thomas, you are a champion.