Friday, August 30, 2013

This cycle's report so far

This certainly has been one fast cycle so far. I have had a very crazy and busy week with my work and support groups. Oh and then there has been the little man that holds my heart driving every one (including Kindy and school) CRAZY!!

So my day 2 scan went ok had 100mg Gonal F for 7 days.
On the day 8 scan was less than ordinary. Normally ones RE puts the probe in and finds all the ovaries and uterus EASILY. I too can see this when he does it. On Monday last week it was not that easy. I was pressing externally and tilting my pelvis and yet my right ovary was playing hide and go seek. More on the hide side of things. We did eventually find it (after about 10 minuets of searching) and found it very hard to measure what seemed to be 1 mature and 1 nearly mature follicle. So I got one more day of Gonal F before triggering the next day.

The injection side of things do not phase me. They are really now easier than ever before (even easier than when we first did IVF). Because it is just like using insulin pens. The scans usually don't phase me either having had cervical cancer and having done this WAY TOO many times before. But what has phased me is the un known. The unknown as to why this ovary is hard to get moving and why it is hiding. My concern is that it is the one my Dr operated on 12mnths ago and it has stuck it self to something.

So then Wednesday was IUI day. Of went my husband to the clinic, then little man and I headed down not long later for his speech appointment (my Dr and his speech therapist are on the same floor), so whilst he was in speech I had my IUI done.

Now the results of the SA was terrible. REALLY worse than terrible. His count last cycle was over 24 mil. This time is was just over 2mil.  For Ideal IUI it needs to be over 10mil. :( We went ahead with it all and then did all we could from home that evening and the next morning.

So now I am considered 2 day past Ovulation. I guess we will wait another 10-12 days and see what happens. It is all we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment