Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas wrap up

Ok so I have been a little quiet in the days leading up to Christmas. It is a stressfull time of year where I find my "spoons" (aka energy) depleted at every single turn. This often makes me emotional and irrational at times. And do you know what, My body does not get that Christmas day should not be wrecked by pain and that I need boundless amounts of energy.

But I digress. Mr T knew what Christmas was this year. Totally understood that it was Jesus's birthday and that we were having a party to celebrate, but we also needed birthday cake. It had to be Jesus's Birthday cake. It was so cute watching him tell everyone who would listen about Jesus's Birthday cake.

I baked. I created and it was loved. Me feet ached, my head hurt and there was not enough wine to solve this. Why?? Even though I stocked the fridge, one does not drink and drive. So I had one or two low alcohol drinks over christmas. That was it.

What did Santa bring? LOTS of trains, Little people, wiggles, blocks, trucks, cars and this electronic keyboard with Microphone (great gift mum.... NOT). Mummy and daddy got a rice cooker (ours died ages ago and really we did not want much and it was the only thing we needed, LOL).

My father and step mum rock. Really ROCK! We got $100 gold class cinema voucher with babysitting by them included in the deal! That is the best gift for us, dinner and a nice movie experience. <3 this gift.

My mum.... Some things should not be mentioned as one does not want to sound ungreatful. But either way even when things are written in black and white, she does not listen. REALLY does not listen. It has been a rotten christmas with her this year. Each year she stopes to a new low. And I think this year, she hit rock bottom. She could go lower I guess and that would be not even inknowleging us. But I thought she tried that this year to a degree.

So what did she do that was so bad?

It goes back to the first week of december when we were speaking of Christmas day at my sisters (I think she was ignoring me that day as well) and I said we would not be going to grandmas as we were heading to the Inlaws as soon as we had breaky and had seen what santa had dropped off. (I mean come on it was our year away from home, but becuase the cats could not get in the cattery we had to travel christmas day.) She rang me two weeks ago and again asked what we were doing. and once again she was told the same thing.

Two nights before christmas she asks/demands we go over to her place christmas night. Even though I was driving back from the inlaws who in perfect weather conditions is 1.3hours away. In the bucketing rain and heavey fog it is even longer.... I told her we were looking at getting home after 6pm. (We enjoy a long late lunch up there.)
At 4:30 my phone started ringing. I ignored it as we were still eating and enjoying ourselves. 15minuets later John's phone (which was in my dress pocket) rang. I just missed the call. I ring back on the house phone up there. The comverstion went like this:
Me: Hi mum merry Christmas,
Mum: Where are you and how far away are you
Me: Merry christmas to you too,
Mum: mumbled something.
Me: we are still here and are about to leave soon.
Mum: Well we are all here and have been waiting for you.
Me: well I did say that we would not be home until 6pm.
Mum: grumbled something at me. (sometimes it is easier not to remember what she has said as it is usually not nice.)

So I got no Merry Christmas nothing. Even though we had called at 9am to wish them a merry christmas and had to leave a message when they did not answer their phone.
We eventually got to their place as I said earlier it was really tough driving. And when you have been on the go since 6:30am it is even tougher. We were not greated at all. No hellos no Merry Christmas NOTHING.

The Christmas exchange was done, my sister made a smart remark about being there for 2+hours and was heading home and Opps we were parked behind. so we went too. Normally we are invited to boxing day. But not this year. It was horrible, I know I am not the faviourate daughter, but that was horrible. really really horrible.

One 30minute on Christmas day tainted what was otherwise a really great day.

John's parents put on a fantastic lunch and it was all so friendly and everyone pitched in and had a great time. It was good food, great company and fun times. Thomas got spoilt and we enjoyed the gift exchange. My MIL and FIL were really great in what they got me. John got spoilt with a electronic book reader.

Our Boxing day (despite what was mentioned earlier) was awesome day. We went to church where Thomas played up. BIG TIME. And then to my Dad's and step mums. It was awesome. The kids got spoilt. I had a great time with my little Brother. My nieces and Thomas played together well. So much so, that Thomas did not want to go home.

My oldest brother who we only see 2-3 times a year was great with us all too. It is getting better and better every year. We talk freely now and it is almost like the rift never happened. I think Dad and my Step mum are feeling more and more relieved.

So that is the wrap up. Mostly good tainted by some bad. One spoilt 2 year old and amazingly one sober mum....

No comments:

Post a Comment