Joy - noun - a person or thing which causes happiness
Motherhood - noun - the state or time of being a mother.
These are the definitions in this statement. But sadly this saying is never ment in a happy way. It is the sarcastic term referring to everything that turns sour in motherhood. ie. The baby pukeing on you as you are about to walk out the door when you are already late. Or the child who just tests your paitence at every single turn.
How are these things ment to be "joys"? See before you have a child the joys of motherhood are not told as they are. You are mislead into thinking they are the wonderfull and magical things. But it is not until you complain about something that you realise that statement is so not about the joyous and wonderful events of being a motherhood.
Now why am I going through this? You see being the parent to "That child" I here it a lot. Often even coming out of my own mouth. But no more today. I am over it. I have fire in my belly, becuase lets be honest a child who won't sleep past 5:30 am in winter is not joyfull. The child who screams blue murder to change a nappy and get dressed is not joyfull.
Honestly it is down right exhusting. Frustrating. And no wonder I am going grey! But alas, hopefully help is on hand. I have been working towards getting help, real help. Not just a no it all child health nurse who I am starting to work out has not taken me seriously and given me mum to mum advice rather than mum to health professional adcive and over stepped her professional boundries. I am livid.
This should not be included in the joys of motherhood. But sadly it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have had a really "joyful" morning and it isn't even 8 am here. I am glad to know that my child isn't the only one to make my life so joyful I could scream.
ReplyDeleteOh... and as I was instructing my boy to not bring every. single. toy. out into the living room, I noticed that on your list of abbreviations you have BD as meaning doing the dead. I am pretty sure that you aren't having relations with people that are no longer with us... right? LOL ;)
ReplyDeleteROFL Maria!! That is a great pick up there.
ReplyDelete