Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Crash... part 2

So what is this diagnoisis?

High Functing Aspergers Sydrome.


Bet you did not see that one coming! No neither did we so that is ok. To us it now make loads of sense. The more we read about Aspergers the more it sense it makes. From the lack of eye contact to the full on melt downs in large crowded places and in supermarkets.


To the loving caring boy one moment and the switched off non remorseful boy who is full of rage the next.


We have been working very hard since Tuesday to get going with the new tactics and moving forward. I have spent HOURS on the phone trying to figure where to go and what to do next. It is mega confusing and hopefully I will figure it all out soon.


There is this funding amount that gets thrown around everytime I turn around and I think that confuses me more. I want the basic facts when I call these people. I want to know: Who do I need to speak to for an Early Intervention planning session. What therapies do I need consider looking at. How will this effect us as a family long term.


So what have I been given? A crap load of paperwork to fill out to send back in to hopefully to get an appointment very soon to get things underway. We also are still waiting to see the team at the local child health unit, I had made a self referral before the diagnosis. I have since re rung and told them of the new development.


As for how everyone is coping. There is a lot of people in denial. Sorry but it is there. No matter how much you burry your head in the sand it is not going away. He is who he is. Last night was a good example. but that is for another blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment