Ok so yesterday as I was enjoing me time I reviewed the last few years of mothersday's for me. They were crappy to ordinary to say the least. John really screwed them up. But this year I am very happy to say after my tanty over our wedding anniversary he finally got the hint. (It may of helped that I used facebook as a powerful tool to send messages titled HINT.)
But I laid in bed until about 9am. I got a cup of tea which I fell asleep before drinking, and then some scrambled eggs (I did have to ask for these, but he got the minor hint I had to use).
My Pj's are awesome and I got a cute little bear, just becuase it has been so long since he brought me one. Thomas drew in a card for me and all was great.
We went and had a nice light cafe lunch and then did some shopping. Thomas had a massive sleep starting whilst we were shopping.
I went to mum's in the afternoon and it was relaxed and fun. Something that is not the case if everyone is there. Mum's cat even gave me a huge cuddle becuase he is not talking to mum and don due to them going on holidays, so fo pay back is sleeping in the dirty clothes hamper in the bathroom. Rather funny actually as he is a pure black (and super shiny) cat.
The the absolutely best bit. Dinner. Indian Mehfil was on the books. It is an awesome experience to be able to take Thomas and have such a fantastic (and almost fine dining) experience. They welcome children with open arms. The staff fall in love with our little man every time and he falls more in love with the very beautiful Indian ladies in their stunning clothes.
There was one lady who I am sure wanted to take him home. I think Thomas would have gone too. She was not our waiter but becuase of where we sat every time she walked by she could not help but talk to him. It was a great family night. We did not eat too much and Thomas behaved beautifully for a 2.5 year old. I think it helps that where we sit is not too bright and the music is not too loud, but loud enough that he can hear it and occassionally bop too. (yes he loves the indian music!)
But I also have not forgotten where I have come from on my journey to mothers day. For way too many women it is the hardest day of the year to get through. These are women who for some reason have not been able to have the family they so desired, or have lost their own mother. Today my thoughts and prayers are with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment