Saturday, June 29, 2013

Yep I told you all I am hooked...

So despite the going on's in my fertility world. I went and got a third tattoo today.

I got the butterfly I always wanted so today I got cherries.

Whilst waiting for my lunch today I was asked what the meaning of the cherry symbol on my necklace was and this is what I found.

Cherries
Certain fruits have strong fertility symbolism, and a deep red, ripe, juicy cherry is perhaps the most prominent example. The juice of a ripe cherry is both intensely flavored and strongly coloured and it has often been compared to the first taste of love. In appearance, cherries have long been said to resemble a lover's lips, and when you bite into a cherry, the fruit gives the appearance of bleeding. There has long been an erotic connection to the fruit of the cherry tree!

As a tattoo symbol, the cherry has come to represent feminine chastity and purity as the fruit ripens on the tree. Once plucked, however, a cherry represents the loss of innocence and virtue. A cherry tasted, its flesh pierced by appetite, is a virgin no more. A cherry surrounded in flames speaks of unquenchable desire, passion and lust.



So very interesting given the first half of the meaning.


No comments:

Post a Comment