Monday, June 3, 2013

The reality in inappropriate comments

After a blissful weekend away and gaining new strength my mental health came crashing down after 72 hours. I got sick. My GP squeezed me in to check me over, only to become a rude prat.

I got the feeling he was none to impressed that I was in his office, even though very sick (I think he called me a walking zombie at one point.) and exhausted from having what ever throat infection and my fibromyalgia chucking it. I was then bombarded with the how dare you think about having another child and extending your family. WOW just WOW. I left shocked.

Over the last week I was left questioning my own choices. Wondering if really I am a fit and capable mother. I was really left in shock. I questioned every decision I had ever made.

Then Thomas got sick again. Same darn sinus infection was back. I was then brought back to knowing I am a good mum. That I am capable, that I NEED to be surrounded by strong caring friends, family and medicos. Not ones who leave me questioning my ability as a mum, wife and woman.

I may be a mum with a disability. I maybe married to a blind man and I may have a child with a disability already. But that does not leave me any less desire to have more than one child. I am a woman. I have this inner instinct that our family is not complete. What god says about that is yet to be determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment