I want to scream, really I do. There is a HUGE difference between Fertility treatment types. Not all fertility treatments are IVF!!! Seriously it is a term thrown around too loosely, particually by people who should know better.
I am under no circumstances doing IVF and I hate that it is always ashumed that we are. We are doing IUI, which in laymans terms is InterUterine Insamination.
Basicly I take meds to stimulate my ovaries, Than I go for an Ultrosound and I am then given an injection of HCG (the same hormone that the body produces in pregnancy, and is what a home pregnancy test tests for). 24-36hours later I go in and collect the seman sample that has been washed and prepped after my husband gave it 2-4 hours earlier. I then take it to my Dr's office. who then uses a large catheter to seringe the sample into my uterus. This is similar to having a pap smear, but the cathater is passed through the cervics.
Than two weeks later I take a pregnancy test, any earlier and it can be a false positive. False positives suck!
I also pointed out the main difference, IVF can cost around $7000 a cycle, IUI costs $777.95 a cycle. BIG difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment