Some days it is. Some days no. Some days it is beyound my wildest dreams. The love the kisses the cuddles the hugs.
The no days suck. They come with guilt. The thought "but I wanted this so badly and so I am not allowed to hate my child" comes to mind. But no one ever gave the instruction manual for handling the tough days. No one ever told me there would be days where I just want to run away and scream. (And not have a screaming toodler attached to my shirt running behind me.) Oh and forget just being able to hop up and go to the loo without a little person attached to your shirt like a leeche, no matter how urgent the trip is.
I guess no one ever mentioned how hard it is clean up sweet potatoes once they have been used as finger paint (thank fully we now have the IKEA hight chair that can go through the dishwasher) for all kitchen furniture.
I love watching this little person grow and learn. Yesterday, even though he was being a terror all day at home, I took him shopping. I walked through the fruit and vegie section and asked him what different things were. He had a good go at telling me most things. I love watching this. He is getting so much better at his words. But he is not using them very often. It is frustrating for both of us. The errrrrrhhh and uuuuurrrrhhh and arrrrrhhhs are starting to wear me down.
I LOVE this little man. But mother hood is certainly coming with it's own special challanges.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment