Friday, June 11, 2010

Proud Moments

I have had a rough week. But my little Thomas is giving me some proud moments. And today whilst teaching RE, and through the teachings of the days I realised just how proud I am.

I have been starting the teaching about money and purcahing. That the item is not ours until we (Yes WE) pay for it.
So what I have been doing when we go into just buy one or two small items is get Mr T to carry one of the items to the register. Have him hand over the product and allow the staff member to scan it. He is then not to touch it until he hands over the money that he has been given (usually coins). He then has to put the change back in my purse. Before he can pickup the item off the counter and put it in the bag. This is something he is grasping very well. Hopefully this is going to help with future shopping trips as he gets older and the desire to eat things before they have been paid for and teaching the value of money.

Next proud moment. Thomas was made to wait to see the child health and midwife at the local pharmacy. He was sat up on the chair whilst I paid for items. Ok so there may have been a good currancy of bribary here, Tiny teds. But not only did he quietly snack away he shared the pharmasists son who was in line as well. It was his second birthday. So this snack sized ziplock bag went back and forth between the two boys without so much as a squable. I was proud, proud becuase Thomas did not put up a fight about it and proud becuase he was very happy to share. And anyone knows that this is rare for a toodler and his favourite foods!

Today was not just about proud moments with my son. But my straight grade 3 class. For the first time EVER they were not kept in and they got extra work done!! This is my troublesome class. The class that would send any teacher around the bend. They sat still, they litsened and they did the work. And we got out on time!! And Master H paid attention!!! It was bliss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment