Ok so Plan A failed. But there was always a Plan B. There has to be right?
It is not set up for failure, it is a mental setup for success.
Plan B is the lap band surgery. It is not a quick thought or a rushed process. I am also not booked to have the proceedure until mid April. So all is good.
In the mean time I will do my best to lose as much as I can before hand. And also work on my fitness. I am currantly debating about joining a gym or just using the Wii fit 2x a day until my surgery and than join the gym about a month after surgery. I have the Wii fit, so it is not going to cost me anything Where the gym will cost me a good packet.
So my plan is to eat well and possibly even do diet shakes for one meal a day. I have done these before and right now I think having them for breakfast will be of big benifit. Also drink loads more water. I suck at drinking the 8 glasses a day that one should drink.
This is not a new year resoloution, this is a lifestyle change that I need to make NOW. Not in a week NOW. and besides who really keeps their new year resoloutions? And this is not waiting to til Jan 1!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All the best with it all Jodie.
ReplyDeleteI have been doing the Wii about 3-4 times a week and walking at least 15 mins - 30 mins about 3 times a week. Plus I have been doing the shakes for lunch. I lost 3.5kg during December (probably put that all back on over xmas) but plan on losing about 10 kg before next ivf FET in March (I think I can do it)
Hi Jodie,
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me, but I found your blog via the pg.org site. I've been a lurker there since our TTC journey began in 2007. To make a 3-year-long story short, I've been obese for the last 20 years of my life - I am 33. I've struggled to lose and keep weight off for years, and amidst that struggle in the last 3 years, we have not been able to conceive.
Enter the Lap Band... After 2 years of research and consultation, I got banded on May 14th, 2009. I've had a great deal of success and lost 80 pounds in the first 10 months. My starting weight was 273 pounds (I'm 5'7"). I have about 35 pounds left, but it's gonna take to extra work since I'm close to the finish line. I want to meet my goal, but I'd like to have a baby too. I'm working towards both, but it's much more of a reality now that my weight is under control. :)
All that being said, if you have any questions about the lap band or experience, feel free to ask! Good luck on the pre-op diet! You are going to do really well!
Rachael