Yep I know, IVF was not ment to be pain free, but crickey it is not ment to be this painful either. I spent 24hrs in Hospital getting fluids ect becuase of the fear of Hyperstimulation. But only becuase I was in soo much pain. But I am home now. Resting, ok kind of. I went to the post box (and got a nice surprise), went to spotlight and got some fabric to sew a tunic top or two for me. and to the bank (only becuase there was a check to bank and our poor master card needs the funds asap).
The end result for this cycle was surprising some what to the Dr. He said from early reports the sperm and eggs were doing well (the sperm were making an effort to fertilise the eggs), but they just did not fertilise. This is apparently not an issue with the fact we only had 4/5 eggs. But would have been an issue if we had say 15-20. He did say if and when we go again that we would go straight to ICSI.
We question him about why ICSI was not done, even though that was the whole reason for doing IVF in the first place. He siad becuase it was our first cycle and that sperm looked good on the day there was just no need. Hmmm
So where does this leave us (other than a few thousand in debt.)? On a break that is mandatory for the first 3 months and then waiting for calmer times from about April on wards to try again. If we do. We have not decided. It is a tough decision to make.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jodie that sucks, I wonder why they didnt do ICSI. I have always done ICSI. Im on an enforced break too and need to loose weight so lets do it and make 2011 our year. All the best chickie.
ReplyDelete