Yesterday was one tremendously sad day. It had got to the point where we knew it was time for George to part this earthly world and live with his creator. George also knew it was time.
I had noticed he was struggling to fight the infection in his leg despite the antibiotics injection. He was losing hair on his hind legs and other random places. He was in pain alot even though he was having daily doses of Meticam (a pet anti-inflamatory and pain med). Tuesday night he also lost bladder control whilst he was in a distressed moment about going outside, even though he had just come in for the night. I just happened to be on the recieving end of this as well.
So the first moment I could I rang the vet. And they gave me an appointment later that morning. just before going to the vet, my inlaws arrived. We then noticed he had yellowing of his skin on his belly. I scoped him up and put him in the cage. I cried all the way to the vet. I composed myself to go into the waiting room. But as soon as I got in the room with the vet I burst into tears again.
I knew we were doing the right thing. Tim looked at him and knew we were doing the right thing. George somehow knew what was happening, and was ready. When the vet came back with a nurse George was relaxed and just layed down with the paw out. It was sad, but very very quick. The Vet was respectful and I do not even remember the nurse leaving the room.
I am going to miss that crazy cat. I am going to miss the 3:30am toilet requests, the chasity belt of a night time who snuggles into me. The one who sits on my lap to watch late night TV.
No comments:
Post a Comment