Ok
It seems I need to be clear about what I am about to imbark on in the coming months. I am having Lap Band surgery.
Yes I am very well aware that this is not something with out risks. That is may seem to some (who have no idea what is involved) that I am taking the easy way out. So here goes.
My first appointment for this surgery was last Novemeber/December and it was with the Dr's Nurse co-ordinator. We discussed the pro's and con's and what would happen.
In late December when the IVF cycle did not work (yes I was planning this whilst undergoing IVF as a plan B) I met with the Dr. His waiting list for surgery at the time was March, but becuase of our up and coming wedding we are attending in Sydney and what is involved, It was decieded that it would be best to wait until April.
So I now have the pack. I have started making my appointments. And the first one is on Saturday morning with the dietician.
Than on Moday the 28th of March I start a liquard diet (Also know as the Optifast Diet) for 2 weeks pre surgery. In this time I also have a physcologist appointment to attend. So I then have the surgery on Monday 11th of April. I will then have to eat a liquard diet again for several more weeks. Then slowly introduce soft/pureed foods until about week 8 or nine post surgery. Where I then will have a very modified diet. It will also be about this time I look at joining a Gym and start introducing a more rigorous exercise programe (suited to my arthritis as well, so it will probably involve swimming/aqua classes).
So yes many people think it is an easy quick fix. But reality is, it is really hard work. It will take a lot of support especially in the first two weeks, where there is no physical consiquences for "cheating". There will be a lot of praying for strength and commitment.
But I really need to do this. This is last chance surgery. Really last chance. I have been hovering around 121kgs or 267lbs. That is not good. I am only 5'4". This is morbidly obease (yep I said it). I am now going to be accountable to this weight. This number has to change, especially if I am going to have another baby. If I want to keep up with my seriously active child. This is for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment