Friday, November 26, 2010

Nothing boring.

Yesterday was an adventure, but not of the fun kind. I woke in the morning with some chest pains. I put in down to intergestion, had some water, took some tumms and tried to go about the morning with Mr T. Nope got worse not better. Rang Dr T rooms he was in theater. Had to ring the GP. They had me come straight down and have an ECG. All good and Normal. Sent to have an urgent CT scan across town. Mind you I had Thomas in tow, he was still in his bright green wonder suit after refusing to let me dress him with no shoes on. So across town we go, Thomas getting cranky about being in the pram now, and works out how to climb out of the pram straps and all whilst I am on the CT scanner bed. The staff were fantastic.
No PE or other issues found. Put down to bad reflux, which I was born with and still suffer from every now and then. All this Time John was at the cricket with his dad.

So today was my next scan. We arrive to not the normal two receptionists. But that was fine. Dr T comes out and says "Come in John" " Oh you better come too Jodie." (disclaimer here, my Dr knew John was going to the cricket yesterday and is a huge cricket fan, he also has a cheeky personality.) Brief how are you going ect, than the "get your knickers off and on the table, here to see your Ovaries, not you." (yes he says this almost EVERY visit.) So behind the curtain I go. Get ready the boys talk non stop about the cricket, Dr T even checks the live score on line, great a wicket was taken since they last heard the score.... I call out "hello here to see the ovaries, I am the one with out the knickers on!!" he got the general man hint and came in with the clip board and pen. (My job is to take his notes...)
So what is happening, growing nicely. There is about 7 follicles ranging from 11 to 14mm. My FSH doseage was upped to 250units daily until Monday. When I will be re scanned again. He did say Egg pick up is likely to be late next week if all is going well. Yippie!! Things are getting exciting here. Thomas is booked in for next Thursday so either way I know all will be ok with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment